Child Abduction

What is Child Abduction?

Child abduction issues in family law can arise between partners who have separated and can accurately be described as a child being taken out of the country by one parent without the consent of the other or without the permission of the court.

What Steps Can I Take?

If your child has been taken out of the country without consent or you suspect that they will be then it is important to seek legal advice immediately so that prohibitive or preventative measures can be taken. Our expert family law solicitors will advice on the most appropriate steps to take. These may include applying to the Court for a Prohibited Steps Order which would prevent your former partner from taking your child out of the country or if they have already left we may be able to petition the Court on your behalf to have the child returned to your care.

Child abduction laws are informed by International Treaties, Protocols and Declarations including the 1980 Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction. At PA Duffy and Company our family law team will offer expert advice and representation and will endeavour to have your child returned to your care as soon as possible.

Make A Free Enquiry

Call us now on 028 8772 2102 or complete a Free Online Enquiry and we will soon be in touch.

Get in touch

Call us on 028 8772 2102 (UK) / 01 533 7860 (IE), or send us a free enquiry