Our health and social services At P.A. Duffy and Company our solicitors offer a wealth of knowledge in dealing with health and social care services and can help you to get the results you desire.
Many aspects of the Human Rights Act 1998 are enshrined into legislation that governs health and social care in the UK including the Care Act 2014. The NHS Constitution also provides that patients have the right to free services, the right to receive appropriate treatment that meets your needs and the right not to be unlawfully discriminated against on grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity or civil partnership status.
- Community care is a very useful tool for those in need, whether that be because of disability or injury. When such services are of a poor quality it can cause significant detriment to those who require care.
- Our specialised solicitors are committed to ensuring our clients receive appropriate care and as such will bring a claim on your behalf if social services have failed to carry out an appropriate assessment or have failed to discharge their duties following an assessment.
Access to Treatment and Deprivation of Liberty
- If an individual lacks the mental capacity to make important decisions about their own care and treatment, these decisions must be made on their behalf and in their best interests. This raises a variety of issues, particularly common are disputes among the individual’s family or loved ones on the correct course of action to take. At P.A. Duffy and Company we offer friendly and professional services to help resolve these disputes through mediation or, if necessary, by representation in court proceedings where disputes can be resolved by appointing a decision maker.
- When a person is deemed incapable of making decisions about their own care and treatment this also raises question about deprivation of liberty. We provide services to challenge the decisions of health authorities and social services if we believe them to be illegal, irrational or improper.
Health and Social Care Cuts and Privatisation
- Our public health and social services are constantly threatened by governments cuts to public expenditure. At P.A. Duffy and Company our legal team offer our services to individuals and groups who wish to challenge decisions to cut certain health and social services. We are determined to help you get the public care and treatment you are entitled to from the NHS.
How we can Help
Our experienced Human Rights Solicitors can act on your behalf to ensure that your rights are upheld. We have expertise in community care, patients rights and patient neglect. We have also been involved in several Judicial Reviews against health and social care authorities.