Unfortunately domestic violence still exists in some people’s relationships, at P.A. Duffy and Company our solicitors offer vast experience in this area which can protect victims and end their problems with domestic violence.
- If domestic violence exists in your relationship our expert solicitors may suggest that you apply for a Non-Molestation Order through the courts.
- A Non-Molestation Order will prohibit an abusive partner or former partner from using violence, threatening violence, harassing or intimidating you in future.
- Emergency applications can be made.
- Our Specialist solicitors will advise you on the legal grounds for applying for a Non-Molestation Order and provide representation for you with an aim to resolving your problems.
- You may be able to apply to the court for an Occupation Order against your abuser, this would have the effect of excluding them from the family home or prevent them from coming within a certain distance of the home.
- This would be a particularly effective remedy if children are present in the home as you need to consider not only the harm that is being inflicted on yourself but also children who witness domestic abuse.
- At P.A. Duffy and Company our solicitors are compassionate and professional in dealing with emotional and distressing cases involving domestic abuse and will give you the guidance you need to resolve issues of domestic abuse.