Have you been misdiagnosed or mistreated by a healthcare professional in Northern Ireland or Ireland? If so, you may be entitled to compensation.
The consequences of receiving negligent medical treatment can be very serious. If you believe you have received incompetent or below standard treatment from doctors or any other healthcare professionals, we can offer our legal expertise in making a case for medical negligence and helping you to make a claim.
While making a claim for compensation may seem a daunting prospect, our medical negligence team at P.A. Duffy and Company are trained to identify if a claim is viable.
We will help you to understand what can often be a complex area of law.
We offer our cross-border services across a wide range of medical negligence claims to both individual clients and groups.
Our solicitors have developed vast experience and expertise in negligence claims in relation to illness or diseases which have been misdiagnosed or mistreated.
We also provide representation for making a claim in surgical negligence.
Some of the areas we specialise in include:
- Disease and illness claims
- Surgical errors
- Birth injury cases
- Misdiagnosis and Mistreatment
Professional health service staff deliver most medical and nursing treatment in the UK and Ireland. However, tight deadlines and budgets can increase mistakes.
If you have been injured as a result of medical negligence, it is important to get expert support as quickly as possible.
Medical negligence refers to breach of duty by a healthcare professional that leads to the avoidable harm of a patient. There are a number of ways that medical negligence can happen, such as misdiagnosis, incorrect treatment or surgical mistakes.
The first step to making a medical negligence claim is to contact us as soon as possible. We offer a free enquiry where we’ll be able to tell you if we think you have a case.
- Barbara Kozyra v St James Hospital, Dublin – Medical negligence, High Court Dublin – stem cell transplant mistake resulting in avoidable death – substantial settlement
- MB v Belfast Health & Social Care Trust – Medical negligence, High Court Belfast – significant injuries due to failure to administer clexane – substantial settlement
- RJ v Southern Health & Social Care Trust – Medical negligence, High Court Belfast, stroke resulting in significant brain injury
- MJ (a child) v Belfast Health & Social Care Trust – Medical Negligence, High Court Belfast – catastrophic birthing injury